The Archdiocese of Louisville is committed to ensuring that children and youth who worship, study or participate in church-sponsored activities can do so in the safest and most secure setting possible. In an effort to fulfill this commitment, all employees or volunteers who have contact with children or youth (18 and under) for ANY length of time are required to
- Participate in a Archdiocese Safe Environment Training (SET) Workshop once. [Schedule]
- Complete an Archdiocese Criminal Background Check every 5 years OR have an official copy of a BSA criminal background check (see below) in the last 5 years on file with the parish or school.
In addition, each scouting organization requires employees and volunteers to participate in organization-specific training and background checks as follows:
American Heritage Girls (AHG)
Registered adults must:
- Attend KEYS to Child Safety training online every 2 years.
- Complete an AHG criminal background check as part of troop registration on AHGconnect.
Boy Scouts of America (BSA)
Registered leaders must:
- Attend Youth Protection Training (YPT) online every 2 years
- Complete a BSA criminal background check as part of the BSA adult application process whenever the leader changes positions. [Form]
Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana (GSK)
All adult Volunteers (at 2+ meetings, chaperoning overnight or driving) must:
- Register with GSK with a background check
- Attend Shield the Vulnerable training online (before meeting with girls).
- Complete GSK Leadership trainings as required.
Troops of St. George (TSG)
Every Captain (the adult leader of a troop) is required to submit a certificate of completion for the local diocesan safe-environment credentials. The Captain is responsible for making sure that all other adult males are in conformity with Archdiocesan standards.